Now that we have covered the basics that are involved with the out of the box functions, let’s take a closer look at some of the things that you will want to keep in mind as you go about the task of setting up your camera before you get to the point that you are wanting to change too many settings, we need to talk briefly about the placing of the casing that you will use with your camera.
Setup of your Camera for home use
There are essentially two options that you can choose from a case that has an open back and one that is a closed back. Both of these have advantages and disadvantages to their use and it will matter greatly the environment that you are looking to use this in as to which case will be best for you and your particular needs. The open back version is meant for environments that are not wet. Tins in turn means that you will have louder sound as opposed to the closed back option.
If you go with the closed back version, then you will have the option of a waterproof camera, this will in turn lead to you, having a reduced amount of sound. This also allows you to have an option of noise resistant up to 100 mph.
After you have made this decision, you can move on to the next step of the actual putting the camera in the case you have chosen. Once you have made the decision then you will need to take your camera and place it in the proper case. The fitting of these is a little tight so you will want to make sure that you take and apply a little pressure to make the case slide comfortable around the camera.
Now that this has been done, you can now enter the set-up option. The first thing that you will need to make sure that you do is to confirm that the set-up icon is on the screen. If this is not the case, then you will need to make sure that you press the S button. Doing this until the icon appears, then you will want to make sure that you will want to press the power button until you have found the setting that you are wanting to change. Making the changes will from this point be quite easy and effortless.
If you are wanting to use your camera with the wireless remote that will be talked about in the accessories section, you will need to make sure that you engage the Wi-Fi on the camera.
Use of Wireless controls and Memory Cards
Unlike a lot of the cameras that are on the market, the GoPro 3 series of cameras offer wireless controls. This is for use with the wireless remote that is able to be purchased from a number of retailers. In this chapter, we will cover the needed information that you need to know all that is required to effectively set up the Wi-Fi as well as install the memory card.
The process of turning on the wireless on the camera will be very easy and will not take a lot of
time to turn on and off at a moment’s notice. The following steps will walk you through the use of the Wi-Fi with the wireless remote. The first step to this will be that you need to press the Wi-Fi button on your camera and turn the Wi-Fi on. After this then you are ready to pair the camera with your wireless remote.
- After you have turned the power on, then make sure that you press the WiFi button again to access the Wi-Fi option.
- Press the power button till you get to the Wi-Fi RC option. Once this has been done, you can then head to the next step.
- Press power again to choose NEW on the menu.
- On the remote, you will need to press and hold the power button till, the remote unit conies on. This now sets the remote as well as the camera into pairing mode.
- Once you see the icon showing that it is in pairing mode, you can then release the button and proceed to the next step. You should see a checkmark indicating that both devices are now connected.
- The remote will ask you “do you want to connect a new device?’ if you are wanting to do this then repeat the following steps again to connect another camera.
- If the answer to this is no, then you will want to choose this and wait a few seconds while the remote screen will mirror that of the camera remote.
- This now allows you to control the camera with your wireless remote.
- You can also use the GoPro app that is able to be used on the camera. Thi9s can be downloaded from a number of the more popular app stores and can be used on a number of devices.
If you are wanting to use a memory card with your camera, then you will want and need to make sure that you follow the following steps to insert and remove the card from your camera. These steps will make it quite easy to remove and insert a memory card. There are a couple of things that you need to know before you begin the process of dealing with a memory card. The camera will function with a 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB memory cards.
- To insert a memory card, take the card and place it label first in the card slot
- The last step is to take and press the card into place until it clicks to indicate that it is locked into place.
- To remove the card from the camera take a fingernail and press it into the camera a little.
- Releasing the card, you will see that the card will pop up enough that it can then be easily removed from the
It is advised that you make sure that you use a brand name card as to provide a sense of reliability. You can use a lesser brand name, but you will often run the risk that the card may fail and thus leave you in a position that your camera may not provide the best possible results.